- 2 large red bell pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- If you do not have an outdoor grill, place a washed and dried pepper directly on your burner and grill it over medium heat paying close attention. As the pepper begins to char, very carefully turn it with tongs or a silicon glove, to char the other side.
- Repeat with the other pepper or do both at the same time depending on your comfort level.
- Remove the peppers from the heat to a cutting board and when they are just cool enough to handle, carefully begin to scrape off the charred skin.
- When cool, cut the peppers in half removing the middle section and the seeds.
- Cut into slices about a half inch wide.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut in half then add to the peppers.
- Dress with the oil and season with salt.
- Notes: You can serve these peppers as a side dish or an antipasto, but I like them best in a sandwich.