If this year has been tough on you and this Thanksgiving is not what you hoped for, I understand. I know you could probably write a very long list of 2020 complaints. I probably could too.
Instead, I offer you this list and encourage you to write one of your own.
I’m grateful for…
- My health
- My walk-able neighborhood
- My family
- Essential staff
- The internet
- Recipes – make a meal if it makes you happy or…
- Takeout – yup I do it too
- Outdoor seating
- Outdoor heat lamps
- Home improvements
- The empty steps of the New York Public Library
- The open space of Bryant Park
- Change – it’s not as scary as you think it is
- My fella who hasn’t gotten sick of me in very close quarters through this whole Covid ordeal
I hope you have a list ten times longer than mine, and I hope it sees you through to the other side of Covid in good health and good spirits. In the meantime, go easy on yourself and do everything you can to stay connected to the important people in your life.